- Must be able to set up and operate various Lathe jobs with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make offsets and necessary modifications and adjustments to ensure parts conform to necessary specifications and requirements.
- High level performance in a fast-paced environment meeting with a mindset for both quality and productivity.
- Read and understand standard and geometric tolerances on blueprints, work instructions and operation sheets.
- Accurately verify and document dimensions using standard measuring instruments, such as micrometers, depth gages, height gages, dial calipers, and optical comparators.
- Troubleshoot and offer suggestions on how to resolve machining issues by collaborating with engineering on potential future changes.
- Maintain 5S practices on machines and in work area
- Cross training may be required to learn and perform other duties as necessary
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical school degree a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in CNC lathe machining (Fanuc and HAAS controls)
- High level performance in a fast-paced environment
- Bending, pulling, pushing, sitting, and reaching
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Standing for up to 8 hours per day
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Positive work ethic and attitude
- Desire to learn, understand and succeed
- Team Player
Job Type: Full-time
Job Category: Machinist
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Long Beach