- Plan and execute all shipping and receiving functions.
- Ensure vendor and customer product safety through proper packaging and continuous risk management.
- Ensure all hazardous materials are properly received, stored, and documented.
- Maintain the accuracy of the ERP system through accurate data entry and proper documentation for all shipping and receiving activities.
- Manage and execute all related quality functions pertaining to packaging, storage, and transportation.
- Track, record, and analyze packaging, and transportation vendor performance to ensure continuous improvement and cost-effectiveness.
- Provide guidance and direction to others in the department as needed.
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in shipping related functions
- Effective verbal, written, and communication skills
- Computer Experience including MS Office, industry ERP system experience a plus
- Bending, pulling, pushing, sitting, and reaching
- Lifting up to 50 pounds regularly and 75 pounds occasionally
- Standing for up to 8 hours per day
- Read, write and communicate in English
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Positive work ethic and attitude
- Desire to learn, understand and succeed
- Team Player
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20/hour – $25/hour
Job Category: Shipping
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: CA California Long Beach Los Angeles County